Sunday, January 24, 2010

First stand completed

Finally finest my first stand of Grenz.  All of my Litko bases came in yesterday and since it rained here all day, I was motivated to do some painting. Getting the colors that I want and shading took a while but I'm happy with them now.  Hopefully I will be able to crank out the rest of the unit pretty quick.  My speed painting routines and techniques are slowly coming back to me.  I have also been experimenting with the line units.  I find painting white one of the bigger challenges. I have tried out 5 different colors and a several techniques, but I think I have found the look I like.  Using an off white base color with a very thin light gray wash then doing the belts in white.  Several other attempts were either too dark or looked dirty.  Once I get all the colors figured out, I think these guys will go pretty fast.  After that, horses... my least favorite.  Not that hard to paint, I just have never really liked paint them.  I have also been work on a few commanders. 

This is my primary reference:





The first unit:


The production line:



Test line colors:



Well, off to watch the rest of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment